Translate

WWW.CREATESPACE.COM/3614885

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Day 196 Don't Offend Another Believer

Day 196

Daily Bible Reading Schedule

2nd Chronicles 10-12
1st Corinthians 8

1st Corinthians 8:4-8
As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world and that there is none other God, but one

But to us there is but one God, the Father of whom are all things and we are in him and one Lord Jesus Christ, bu whom are all things and we by him. 

Howbeit there is not in every that knowledge:  for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak and defiled
But meat commendeth us not to God, for neither if we eat, are we the better; neither if we eat not, are we the worse. 

8:13
Wherefore if meat make my brother offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

This might not make sense to some people.

I am a vegetarian, almost a vegan. 
I was a cashier and I had this one man who was a man of God.  When he came through my line, he would apologize for buying meat and asked if I wanted him to go to another cashier, knowing that I don't eat meat.
He did not want to offend me and he always quoted the scripture 8:13

I understood what he was saying. 

So if you are going to do something that is right in God's sight, but another Believer might be offended, you shouldn't do it in front of them.

That is what I think this Chapter is talking about.  Everything is not always about you.  You must think of others before you do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment