Translate

WWW.CREATESPACE.COM/3614885

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Holiday Depression & Suicide

Thanksgiving Day, Christmas, New Year's Eve & New Year's Day

It is overwhelming and enough to make you jump off the bridge and end it all.

Jesus was born on Christmas to give us Hope and to Save us.

Don't let this world win.  GOD LOVES YOU!

To be honest, I do not like the holidays.  I do not join in on Thanksgiving dinner.  I don't go into debt for Christmas.  I don't even decorate for Christmas.  It is not in the Bible, to put a tree in your house.  The Bible says to borrow from none, but be a lender to many nations.  Deuteronomy 28:12 Everything the world does for the holidays are not in the Bible.

The reason for Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

I know it can be a hard time if you do not come from a loving family, If you don't have someone to celebrate the holidays with.  A few years ago, I was severely depressed.  I was alone.  For Thanksgiving and Christmas, I took cold medicine, alot of cold medicine and slept through those days.  I was not awake for Christmas or Thanksgiving.  I didn't want to be around people who were happy and life was great.  I wanted to die.  In fact, I did that for about 3 years.  This time of year is very hard for me.  I get depressed.  All the Christmas music, everyone is happy on television.  I just want to crawl back into bed and wake up when it is all over.

That is not what GOD wants us to do.  Stop listening to the world

Look up to Jesus and what He did at the Cross.

Look around, find someone who is in need.  Fill that need.

I learned that my neighbors had no food in their house.  I couldn't believe it.  They work everyday, but having trouble paying their bills.  I bought them a gift card.  After I left, they went to the store and bought food.

I stopped looking at myself and started looking at others.  I felt good for doing that, and I also helped someone.  GOD has a plan for me.  GOD has a plan for you.  You are here for a reason Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you.  Plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Don't let Satan win.

I struggle with this every year.  I can be with friends and ones that love me and I still want to crawl under the covers.  I don't because GOD loved me before the creation of the world Ephesians 1:4

So when things are getting to you, Look up.  Talk to GOD.  Give GOD your problems.  Do Something nice for someone.

GOD Loves You!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment