Translate

WWW.CREATESPACE.COM/3614885

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Day 152 Be Careful What You Pray For

Day 152

Daily Bible Reading Schedule

1st Kings 3-5
Acts 20

Solomon Asks For Wisdom

1st Kings 3:5
The Lord appeared to Solomon and said, Ask for whatever you want me to give you.

Solomon didn't ask for money, health or anything for himself.  He asked for:

1st Kings 3:9
Give me a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish from right and wrong.

He was not being selfish. 

Then God said,
1st Kings 3:12

I will give that to you, so that there will never be anyone else like you.  I will give you things you have not asked for.  I will give you both riches and honor. 

Be careful what you pray for.  Solomon was not selfish in his asking, He asked with his heart and God rewarded him with riches and honor. 

Read Solomon's story, it is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment