Translate

WWW.CREATESPACE.COM/3614885

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Why Go To Church?

I didn't go to church when I was younger.  I didn't go to church until I was in my late forties.

It is Sunday, and I know I need to get dressed and go to church.  It is cold and rainy outside.  I do not feel like like going to church.  I just want to stay home, lay around and do nothing.

But it is Sunday. It is the day that God rested.  Sunday is the day that we are to rest and worship and thank God for all He has done for us this week. 

I know that it is not popular to go to church.  I know that it is easy to just stare at your phone (Read my post from yesterday)  That is not what God wants us to do.

Pick a church, any church and go and worship God.  You need to be around other Christians and meet new Christians so they can help you with your walk with God. 

You can list a thousand reasons why you can't go to church. The bottom line is that Satan does not want you to go to church.  Satan will do whatever it takes for you to distance yourself from God. 

So as I am writing this, I am thinking that Satan will win, if I stay home and be lazy, which is what Satan wants.

So will I go to church?  Yes I will.  I like going to church.  It is just getting out the door that is the hard part.

You might be saying, well I don't like being around people. 

You might be saying, I can watch it on-line or on television
'
You might be saying, My husband won't go with me.  To much hassle to take the kids.

These are all excuses that Satan is telling you, so you won't go.

I do like being around people, that is the main reason I never went.  I don't like to chit chat and make small talk.  I just want to stay home.  I don't even like to leave the house, ever.  I found a small church down the street.  I go to a small southern baptist church.  People are nice there.

The first time I went, I walked in.  There were only about 20 people there, they all turned and looked at me.  It was like you would see a scene in a movie. 

I went and sat down.  A few people came up and introduced themselves to me. 

I go to that church now, but I don't really talk to anyone there.  I go in.  I listen to the preacher.  I go home.  I am sure I will get to know everyone there in time.

I know that I need to go to church. 

Satan is the only one that does not want you to go to church.  It is not you kids, your spouse, the weather.  Satan will do anything to keep you from going.

So the question is:  Are you going to let Satan win or are you going to go to church and let Satan know that God is Lord over your life and you are going to listen to God and not Satan?

Go To Church, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.


No comments:

Post a Comment