Translate

WWW.CREATESPACE.COM/3614885

Saturday, May 11, 2019

As You Read The Bible

Do you know anyone who has read the entire Bible?

I do not know anyone who has read the Bible word for word, cover to cover.

I do know people who like to quote the Bible when they want to argue with me on what the Bible says. 

So I really don't listen to people who quote the Bible or say, "Well, it says it in the Bible."

That is why it is so important to read the Bible.  So you will know what God has said and what God wants you to know.

It doesn't even matter if you understand what you are reading, God will reveal it to you as you read and reread His Word.

I was always told not to mark in the Bible or damage the Bible because the Bible is Holy.  Then I was watching KCM He held up his Bible and it was marked in, written in and highlighted with markers.

I know use a marker to highlight scriptures, chapters and words.  Thus it is easier to find what I am looking for later. 

Everyone needs their own Bible, to write in, mark in and to be able to have it whenever they need it.

Sometimes I will sit with my Bible and just flip through the Bible and read the highlighted scriptures.  I marked those scriptures for a reason. 

So make your Bible, personal. 

As you read the Bible..... It is between you and God.  God is talking to you through His Word.  Don't take that lightly. 

As you read the Bible, God might give you an answer to something, tell you something He wants you to do or as you read the Bible, you just might understand how much God Loves You.

As you read the Bible, don't speed read it.  Read every word.  If you don't understand it, reread it over and over again.

As I read the Bible for the first time, I understood nothing.  It took me three months to read the Bible.  I read every word from cover to cover, even the Book of Numbers that just dragged on.

Then when I went to church or watched it on television, as the Preacher talked, I would remember reading something about that and would think, "That is what that meant." 

As you read the Bible, God is talking to you.  make it personal.  When you see the word, you, replace it with the work I or me.

Example:

Psalms 100:3

Know that the Lord is God
It is he who made us (me), and we are (I am) his;
we are (I am) his people, the sheep of his pasture

Do this as you read the Bible and God will become more real and personal to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment